Monday, December 5, 2022

Chronicles of Ardis: Where Things Stand...

 It’s been well over a since I updated this blog. I’d been busy since then, either editing my previous unpublished works or in draft mode. So, below is the update for everything as follows…
 
Chronicles of Ardis: Concordance
First published back in 2017, it was written with Word 2007, and littered with grammatical mistakes which I attempted to rectify. Through a combination of the latest version of MS Word + Grammarly, I corrected roughly 2,000 or more mistakes, ranging from word choice errors to dialogue issues. Scenes were also expanded, rewritten, or had their continuity corrected, with minor retcons also made. Over 94,000 words in length it reads better—more smoothly—than the original draft. Short of going through it line by line, there’s very little I can do with it. As it stands, it’s in a much better place.
 
Chronicles of Ardis: Reckonings
Finished back in 2018, Reckonings had the fortunate chance of being edited by a non-professional editor and then further cleaned up by Grammarly. Over 81,000 words, it was a fun story to write. While I admit I’d like to add more, Reckonings tells what needs to be told without the need to add anything else.   
 
Chronicles of Ardis: Convergence
Finished back in June of 2019, Convergence was initially 18 Chapters. However, being over 88,000 words, I wasn’t satisfied with having packed so much information in the last 6 or so chapters and transformed it into 21 Chapters for better reading.
 
Chronicles of Ardis: Threshold
Finished on September 27, 2022, Threshold was 101,422 words long and has since crawled up to 101,741 words. Originally subtitled Dark Winter, which was a play on words using themes found throughout the book, it felt insufficient. Then again, it may fit. I find myself wanting to reexamine a few spots and have Beta Readers going through it; things could get edited when the time comes.


If all goes to plan, I should be officially submitting by December 31st, 2022, or depending on the feedback I receive, sometime in January.  I also plan on adding slightly updated maps, stellar system data, and other figures, possibly in the coming days or weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment