Sunday, March 26, 2023

Revisiting the Map of the Planet

 As I was writing Book I between 2013-2015, I happened upon a planetary map generator that by serendipity gave me the configuration I wanted. Unfortunately, I didn’t know how to properly configure it, leaving me with a few inconsistencies, best cleared up by narration. Thankfully, I also have both a Mercator and a rotating version, allowing me to snag shots of locations of interest.

For a bit of explanation, the continents are Teladrin, Shadrelin, & Degna. Gaudna is a combination of two Subcontinents, Alden-Gaudna and Derren-Gaudna. Tifaeanyd (classified on the Mercator map as a protectorate) is part of the Sinseran Empire. Geologically, Shadrelin is rifting away from Teladrin,  Degna is moving southward, and Gaudna northward. Much of this, is in Book I, which was published back in 2017. 











No comments:

Post a Comment